Core Rules Art Needed / Wanted

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Dimirag

Re: Core Rules Art Needed / Wanted

Post by Dimirag »

Thanks!
Fast, loose, and kinda sleepy, so it may be okay-ish...
Wyvern by Martín Serena.png
Wyvern by Martín Serena.png (57.52 MiB) Viewed 5400 times
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
RamsHornStudios

Post by RamsHornStudios »

The sense of motion on this is above and beyond, Dimirag!

Thanks for accommodating such a late entry to the book.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

NICE. I'll get it integrated tomorrow; rather late here now.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
basklin

Post by basklin »

I wanted to draw a Roc since seeing one in the campaign I've been playing, I hope it fits the right dimentions, I can adjust otherwise!
Also, I haven't seen anyone here share a Lightning Elemental, so I figured I'd draw one as well.
Attachments
Dnd - Roc.jpg
Dnd - Roc.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 5463 times
Dnd - Lightning Elemental.jpg
Dnd - Lightning Elemental.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 5463 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Basklin, I do want to use your stuff, but you still have not sent me a private message indicating you have read and agreed to the terms in the Art Submission Guidelines thread, and also giving me the name you want in the credits. I can't use your work without that.

The thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1879
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

RamsHornStudios wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:44 am The sense of motion on this is above and beyond, Dimirag!

Thanks for accommodating such a late entry to the book.
Solomoriah wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:02 am NICE. I'll get it integrated tomorrow; rather late here now.
Thanks!
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, so... I need more.

As of right now, forget about the Wednesday deadline. And please, do not do art for the Monsters section without asking first! If you draw something, I'll want to include it, but if it breaks the flow I'll have to ask for more art, and this in turn delays finishing the book.

After inserting the last few items, I find myself in need of an illustration for the Rock Baboon. Basically, a baboon armed with a club and with an evil glare directed at the viewer is what I'm imagining.
basklin

Post by basklin »

I've been working on a couple of drawings for a Spectre and the Invisible Stalker, those should be ready to show by the end of the day.

If the Rock Baboon is a priority I'd be up for drawing that!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Honestly, I now do not know if the Rock Baboon is a priority... yeah, probably. If you want to take it on, go ahead.

The reason I don't know is that at this point the art I request, in the sizes I ask for, are meant to assist with the flow of the monsters section. Every time I add an image, the flow of the following parts changes; sometimes this makes monsters break from odd to even pages, which I try to avoid, or fall badly on the page so that the text is not attractive to look at. So I add gray boxes for specific monsters, placeholders for art I don't have yet, to adjust the flow and make it nice again.

The problem here is that I do want your art. I don't want to omit anyone's contribution if I can avoid it. But since I'm not expecting these drawings, I don't have the flow adjusted to accommodate them.

I really do want the spectre... I've wanted a drawing for that monster since I got the wight (having already received a wraith and ghoul and ghost and vampire long ago). And I have to admit, I honestly thought you were kidding about the invisible stalker... I can't imagine how you illustrate a permanently-invisible creature with no fixed form.

But given the constraints I've applied to the monsters section so far, I do need the rock baboon so I guess it is a priority. I don't know what else I'll be asking for after I integrate the spectre and invisible stalker.

Gah.

Wednesday is not the deadline for requested art anymore, folks, but it IS the deadline for unexpected art. Please DO NOT DRAW MONSTERS without at least posting here so I know what's going on.
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:12 am Honestly, I now do not know if the Rock Baboon is a priority... yeah, probably. If you want to take it on, go ahead.

The reason I don't know is that at this point the art I request, in the sizes I ask for, are meant to assist with the flow of the monsters section. Every time I add an image, the flow of the following parts changes; sometimes this makes monsters break from odd to even pages, which I try to avoid, or fall badly on the page so that the text is not attractive to look at. So I add gray boxes for specific monsters, placeholders for art I don't have yet, to adjust the flow and make it nice again.

The problem here is that I do want your art. I don't want to omit anyone's contribution if I can avoid it. But since I'm not expecting these drawings, I don't have the flow adjusted to accommodate them.

I really do want the spectre... I've wanted a drawing for that monster since I got the wight (having already received a wraith and ghoul and ghost and vampire long ago). And I have to admit, I honestly thought you were kidding about the invisible stalker... I can't imagine how you illustrate a permanently-invisible creature with no fixed form.

But given the constraints I've applied to the monsters section so far, I do need the rock baboon so I guess it is a priority. I don't know what else I'll be asking for after I integrate the spectre and invisible stalker.

Gah.

Wednesday is not the deadline for requested art anymore, folks, but it IS the deadline for unexpected art. Please DO NOT DRAW MONSTERS without at least posting here so I know what's going on.
This is just a random thought, but might it be worth it to actually Greybox every monster entry so the flow is right and when it's done possibly converting the grey boxes to white boxes for printing?
No matter where you go...there you are