Core Rules Art Needed / Wanted

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Boggo

Re: Core Rules Art Needed / Wanted

Post by Boggo »

basklin wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:11 am Here we go! A Spectre, a Rock Baboon, and an Invisible Stalker!
if you add "walked into a bar" to this you have a very interesting setup for a joke...
No matter where you go...there you are
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:36 pm I'm hoping to get Chrysogon's Coterie out about the same time. I think Todd is still hoping for a few more portraits over in that thread.
I would certainly be grateful. I know it's a ton of art for this book and so I've started suggesting PD stuff to take some of the strain off you folks. The Core Rules really should take precedence.

However, for anyone inclined I think a lot of Dwarf and Halfings need pictures. There has been an abundance of human and elf portraits.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

toddlyons wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:06 am I would certainly be grateful. I know it's a ton of art for this book and so I've started suggesting PD stuff to take some of the strain off you folks. The Core Rules really should take precedence.
If I want to get the Core Rules done, I have to stop accepting things at some point; since I have a constitutional disability to turn people down who offer me free art, my only option is to ask them to contribute to a different work... :D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
RamsHornStudios

Post by RamsHornStudios »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:36 pm I don't blame people for wanting to get art into the Core Rules though. But BF1 is on track for release at the same time as the rules, and I'm hoping to get Chrysogon's Coterie out about the same time. I think Todd is still hoping for a few more portraits over in that thread.
Is there a rough deadline for those? I have outstanding pieces for both BF1 and CC.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Mid-March is the deadline for art for those books, as I'd like to be able to get proofs ordered by early April.
leon

Post by leon »

You know what the core rules are missing? Dumb jokes. E.g. "Papers and Paychecks" or "Dave, get the barbarian another drink." I know, it's a more Advanced technique (more AD&D than BX). And I know, 4e will never come out if people keep donating art. I just can't resist. Solo, make another constitution check. I present this joke about why there are no beholders in the list of monsters.
Attachments
dont-say-its-name-w-text.jpg
dont-say-its-name-w-text.jpg (389.61 KiB) Viewed 5073 times
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, I have to admit, that is funny... I'm afraid I won't be adding it to the Core Rules but you should feel free to post it on the Facebook group if you want. We may not be able to use them, but getting away from the OGL lets us at least talk about that fact.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

leon wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:50 pm You know what the core rules are missing? Dumb jokes.
By the way... there is at least one art piece in the Core Rules that contains a joke, or at least an amusing detail. The mugger in the City, Town, or Village Encounters section... look closely.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

I really like art that rewards attention to detail. Easter eggs.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

leon wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:50 pm You know what the core rules are missing? Dumb jokes. E.g. "Papers and Paychecks"
I love that P&P cartoon. I have a scanned and upsized print of it on the wall of my office.

Great job, Leon. I actually find the Wandering Lawyer more terrifying. :D