coureur_d_bois' drawings

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
total party kill

Re: coureur_d_bois' drawings

Post by total party kill »

Love your style!
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Thanks!
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Here's a new piece I drew for the Dokkalfar (our own version of the drow/underground elf).
Dokkalfar Warrior and Cleric by HRS.png
Dokkalfar Warrior and Cleric by HRS.png (948.39 KiB) Viewed 5814 times
Greg_A

Post by Greg_A »

Very nice.

I just saw the supplement was released last week. I was thinking of doing some supplements art too. What's the process of getting artwork added please, just curious?
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Read the Art Submission Guidelines and BFRPG Art Forum RULES and GUIDELINES

Post the art on your Artwork Section thread and also on the corresponding thread for the adventure/supplement, if it takes time for you to do an art piece and the thread is a populated one please comment about starting an art piece (and if said piece is meant to be on a specific place on the file)
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

I just noticed the dokkalf fighter and cleric image is not in r1 of the document. Do we plan on using it for the supplement? Else we could probably use it somewhere in our Dungeon23.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

It could go both places. I'm sure it was just overlooked in the Dokkalfar supplement.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

New illustration made for my new Barks and Blades adventure.
Nozar is a vulgar boorish character that recycled himself as a small time merchant after a life of larceny and a lengthy jail sentence. He is completely bald, has a large scar on his left cheek, and is in his late forties.
The man unfortunately retained his scoundrel traits and will act on his own interest before anyone else’s. His evil toothless grin should tell the players this man should not be trusted.
Endil is much younger than Nozar, being in his early twenties, but has become infatuated with his companion who treats him, at best, like his valet. The young man is blond and is slowly starting to grow a beard. He is slender but his height makes him look tough.
Bark & Blades - Nozar and Endil at the Splitmoon Inn by HRS.png
Bark & Blades - Nozar and Endil at the Splitmoon Inn by HRS.png (788.15 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

A few sketches drawn for Barks and Blades.
Charlotte Cyde
This beautiful young woman just reached majority. She resembles her mother greatly though she is much thinner. Her long red hair is her most striking feature. At the inn, she takes care of cleaning the rooms, the horses in the stable, and waits tables when things get busy.

Charlotte is quite courageous and valiant. She is bored in Péripont and would love to leave. The young woman dreams of traveling and discovering the world to the chagrin of her parents that would love her to marry and take over the inn.
Barks & Blades - Charlotte Cyde by HRS.png
Barks & Blades - Charlotte Cyde by HRS.png (847.07 KiB) Viewed 2823 times

Room 13 - Garbage disposal
At the end of the stairs, you find yourself into a fairly large area, half of which is flooded. You soon realize where the stench was coming from; the area is covered with bones, decaying organic matter, and mold. The murky water is so dirty it turned brown and all sorts of unidentifiable bits of detritus float on its surface. The smell is unbearable and you almost struggle to breathe.
When the PCs first walk in, the tentacle worm will be hiding in area 14. It will take 1d4 minutes to go see what’s going on in room 13 if it feels vibrations in the other room. Attacking from under the water, the worm has a 1-3 chances on a d6 of surprising the PCs, 1-4 chances if the PCs are being attacked while in the water.
Barks and Blades - Adventurers fighting Tentacle Worm in flooded Room - by HRS.png
Barks and Blades - Adventurers fighting Tentacle Worm in flooded Room - by HRS.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 2823 times
The Bridge of Validard

This large stone bridge is named after Ernish Validard, founder of Péripont and engineer that oversaw the construction of the bridge more than one hundred years ago. This project was funded by the Duke of Sorgwald as a means to increase his influence in this remote region by providing a way for traders and merchants to cross the Tourmaline before reaching Douman.

The structure is quite remarkable, being entirely made out of stone and consisting of a succession of three arches that support the bridge. This bridge is not only important for Péripont, it serves as a major intersection, vital for trading in the Country of Sorgwald since it connects both the Northern and Western roads. Crossing the bridge is free of charge.
Péripont and the Bridge of Validard by HRS.png
Péripont and the Bridge of Validard by HRS.png (1.98 MiB) Viewed 2823 times
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

Oooh! So you’ve already drawn 3 more for the adventure! Looks great. Maybe you should link to these in your adventure art thread for visibility. 😀
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.