BFRPG 1st Edition

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: BFRPG 1st Edition

Post by Solomoriah »

Not that hard, actually. The print-ready PDF has existed since 2007, as have the front and back covers. I did have to create a new wrap-around cover file to meet the KDP requirements, but that's not that hard.

So are Amazon hardbacks a better deal for you than Lulu then?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Solomoriah wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:17 pm So are Amazon hardbacks a better deal for you than Lulu then?
Lulu is stupidly expensive unless you live in the US. I bought BFRPG and OSRIC in HC from Lulu because they weren't available that way through Amazon Canada, and it was pricey. I was glad to see the Core Rules available in HC through Amazon even though I didn't need it. "Next time," I thought.

The 4e Rules, an omnibus Field Guide, and CC would be nice in HC, because I will lug them around a lot, year-round.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, so I have submitted a hardcover to Amazon also. It's going to be higher than the Lulu print in terms of cover price, but of course with Prime the shipping disappears. NO idea how this will play outside the US.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

I suppose the same is true for DriveThruRPG, too. International shipping. :shock: I got a reprint of Rules Cyclopedia sent to me while I was in Indianapolis last year. What a difference, even with the exchange rate.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

I haven’t purchased an Amazon hardcover POD before, but judging from the relative costs of Amazon vs Lulu vs DTRPG, I expect Amazon to be the best option for non-US customers. For me, it’s the double whammy of poor exchange rate and international shipping. Amazon seems to mitigate both to some extent. All of which makes me wonder if the new 4th edition stuff would be doable as Amazon hardcovers.
I'm also on RPGG
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

3e is, is there a reason to think 4e wouldn't? My understanding is the LuLu versions are mainly for the spiral bound, and the DTRPG editions are just, well why not, will help get it to more people editions.
No matter where you go...there you are
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Boggo wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:21 pm 3e is, is there a reason to think 4e wouldn't? My understanding is the LuLu versions are mainly for the spiral bound, and the DTRPG editions are just, well why not, will help get it to more people editions.
Huh, you’re right. Wonder why I didn’t notice that before? No need to answer, I’m already a bit discombobulated today :D
I'm also on RPGG
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

JugglinDan wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:18 pm All of which makes me wonder if the new 4th edition stuff would be doable as Amazon hardcovers.
With respect, did you think I wasn't going to do both hardback and paperback?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

DriveThruRPG uses Lightning Source, and LS is a royal pain to work with. There's a reason our full line isn't there.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Solomoriah wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:33 pm
JugglinDan wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:18 pm All of which makes me wonder if the new 4th edition stuff would be doable as Amazon hardcovers.
With respect, did you think I wasn't going to do both hardback and paperback?
:oops:
I had incorrectly and ignorantly assumed that Amazon did paperbacks and Lulu did the hardbacks. I had also assumed this was due to logistical or technical restrictions of the different POD vendors. I gladly stand corrected :)
Last edited by JugglinDan on Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm also on RPGG