Looking For Feedback

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Joe

Looking For Feedback

Post by Joe »

I'm starting up a campaign in the near future. I'm borrowing (stealing!) a lot from Morgan's Fort and the Chaotic Caves, as (if) the campaign progresses to higher levels I will be including more of the modules that appeal to me as well as expanding the starting area appropriately. I was wondering if it would be okay to post a PDF of the Player Document that I'm going to be handing out and ask for some feed back?

Can I even upload a pdf here?
Metroknight

Re: Looking For Feedback

Post by Metroknight »

I would suggest using google drive or making it a google document so you can share it easier. I use to do that for online games but since I'm only running in person game, I just have it printed out for each player.

Tales from the Vale Player's handbook is what I have for my players.
Joe

Post by Joe »

This is the link to the google document.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W8T ... sp=sharing
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Nice.
Joe

Post by Joe »

I'm taking this offline whilst I heavily revise it.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

There's nothing like a public release to make you see everything you want to change. :D
Neigdoig

Post by Neigdoig »

I had posted my releases for my campaign I'm working on called Letter of Corruption on this site, though I can only release 6 at a time in one post due to technical limitations. All of those releases are public, and available to download. Feel free to take things from that if you wish, and integrate them into your module. I don't care.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Neigdoig wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 10:08 pm I can only release 6 at a time in one post due to technical limitations.
Typically we delete the old version and post the current one in its place. As the author though, I expect you have a folderful of the old versions on your own PC (I do...).
Neigdoig

Post by Neigdoig »

toddlyons wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:01 pm Typically we delete the old version and post the current one in its place.
I usually don't, since I don't mind people seeing the history of my module.
toddlyons wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:01 pm As the author though, I expect you have a folderful of the old versions on your own PC (I do...).
And yes, I do have all the backups with each version I release of it. It isn't a big deal (plus, the files are stupidly small anyway).

I'm posting in such a way where everyone can see the progress of the module on one post, and download the associated version I release with the update whenever I actually update it (in a detailed manner shown on the NC1 Concept thread in the Workshop).
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Neigdoig wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:50 pm
toddlyons wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:01 pm Typically we delete the old version and post the current one in its place.
I usually don't, since I don't mind people seeing the history of my module.
While I applaud transparency, I also realize that if we all did this it would consume a lot of disk space to preserve outdated material that few, if any, will use. Alternately, it's pretty economical to write a short changes list as a message, much the way that software devs do with their new releases.