Libram Magica

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Libram Magica

Post by Solomoriah »

TrickyNikki wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:17 pm PS: isn’t Equipment emporium breaking this rule?
I thought a lot about EE before publishing it. It sat for a long time, in fact. But while it is a relatively large book, it covers a single topic with few controversial rules added, and before I published it I went over the parts I felt went too far and worked them over (and moved some of the rules that were in there into other supplements where they fit better).
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

LM includes 0 and 7th level spells, but no rules for their daily use, this means that it requires additional material, plus it may contain spells outside of the scope of the game, making it not fit for the Download page, which mean it won't see an "official" print release.

EE on the other hand is quite self contained, and while it have some optional rules and one of them is from another supplement, it does not requires extra supplements to be fully used.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

EE has the slingshot crossbow in it.. A new way for your cleric to deliver a rock to the head at much further distances..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Seven

Post by Seven »

That's only because BFRPG has modest ranges for slings.
Also, I've never heard of crossbows as something overpowered in this game.
There's that slow rate of fire.

Just because an item is in EE does not mean that every shop has to carry it.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I gave my magic user a light crossbow. She had a decent dex so she was pretty useful at ranged support. I also house rule that if you aren't moving you can't reload the crossbow and shoot in the same turn. I also like the idea of my cleric shooting a glorified slingshot as his backup weapon!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Xanaduvious

Post by Xanaduvious »

I really appreciate having this unofficial resource out there for the game. I have just a couple of thoughts at the moment:
1) I'd like to have a percentage column in the spell level lists, so the DM can roll randomly. Rare spells would, of course, be harder to come by on the dice. This would be nice, but I encourage more spells added to the lists. And with each new spell added, the percentages would need to be tweaked..... Yeah, this suggestion is probably not needed.
2) Back in the 90s when I played 2nd Ed, there was a Hideous Laughter spell (I don't know if I can say the whole name here for copyright reasons as it had a named mage on it). I'd love to see something similar on the list. I see a Jester class in the Showcase that it would be perfect for.

That's all. Thanks again.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If there are things you want to see, the best way to get them is to write them yourself and submit them here.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org